Sunday, April 25, 2010

Every Blooming Thing



We were blessed to have the Mormon Tabernacle Choir come perform at our Gala this year. They were amazing. As part of the table decorations, we had placed beautiful planted orchids that were all abloom. Before the Gala began, I noticed there was one orchid plant that had not bloomed and I thought to myself, "poor chap, because he hasn't bloomed I bet not a soul will buy you." At the end of the night, my boss approached me and handed that exact plant to me. I don't care if no one wanted him, he was mine and I would love him even if he didn't bloom. And then one week later, wa la, we've bloomed. I couldn't love my delicate, tossed to the side because he wasn't showy enough, orchid more.

1 comment:

  1. I love orchids! That one is beautiful. It just needed a little love. :)

    ReplyDelete